Simple Ways to Support Mockingbird Elementary
Mockingbird Restaurant Nights: Save yourself some time on a busy school night and take your family out to eat or order in from the featured restaurant, which will donate a percentage of proceeds to the PTO. MKB's first restaurant night will be at Spring Creek BBQ on Monday, Oct. 3rd, 2018.
Box Tops: Clip and save Box Tops on items from General Mills, Gogurt, Green Giant, Pillsbury, Ziploc, Hefty, Hanes and many more! Turn them in to your child's teacher and the PTO will do the rest. Mockingbird raised more than $900 last year, and we hope we can raise even more this year. Make sure when you are clipping your Box Tops to not cut off the manufacturer number or the expiration date. contact Vai Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Box Top Collection Dates: (Fall) Sept. 25, 2018 | Spring Date TBA
Grocery Shopping: Register your Kroger card and/or Tom Thumb Rewards card to our school ID and a portion of your total purchase come back easy to Mockingbird! These must be registered each year!
- Go to www.kroger.com
- Click on "Community"
- Then go to "Community Rewards"
- If you have an account, sign in. If not, create an account
- Once you have accessed your account, you can update information and preferences including "Community Rewards
- Click on "View Your Rewards Details"
- Go down to the bottom under "Community Rewards"
- Select Mockingbird Elementary PTO
- Organization number is 83467
- You'll be set for the school year
- Go to www.tomthumb.com
- At the bottom of the website, click on "Community Caring"
- Click on "Customer 's Good Neighbor Charity Addition/Deletion Form" towards the bottom to download needed form
Amazon Smile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Mockingbird every time you shop, again, at no cost to you. Click Here and register "Mockingbird Elementary PTO" as your charitable organization. When you shop, you'll find the same prices and selection as on Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase to MKB!
Book Fair: PTO helps support a Mockingbird Scholastic Book Fair twice a year. Buy books for your child and support the Mockingbird library This Fall book fair is Oct. 15-19, 2018.
- Reading under the Stars is Tuesday, Oct. 16 starting at 5:30p.m. Bring your own dinner; book fair is open until 7:30p.m.
- Lunch with a loved one for K, 2, 4 on Wednesday, Oct. 17
- Lunch with a loved one for 1, 3, 5 on Thursday, Oct. 18
The Mockingbird PTO also organizes and sells School Supplies, Spirit Wear T-Shirts, and the school Yearbook. Any revenue generated is returned to the school.
Spirit Wear 2018: Students typically wear MKB shirts on Fridays, and also on Field Trips. Gray Ts are cotton: $12 & Navy is Dry Fit: $14
Mockingbird also hosts additional fundraisers for the Library, PE program, Art program, and more.
Upcoming MKB Events
- Friday, October 19
- Monday, October 22
- Tuesday, October 23
- Wednesday, October 24
- Thursday, October 25
- Friday, October 26
- Wednesday, October 31
- Friday, November 9
- Tuesday, November 13